- Teachers of Curtain Upp Stage School® will make decisions as to the appropriate class-
level for each student and will consult the Principal and inform Students/Parents if a change is advisable.
- Keeping our Student’s safe is a primary responsibility of the School and our safeguard policies and practices reflect this obligation. Our Child Protection Policy provides guidelines for the organisation and staff to create a safe environment for the children
- Punctual and consistent attendance is expected of all Students, in order to maintain our high Exam and Performance standards. Students should arrive for class in good time, and in the case of absence the School should be notified.
- Appropriate attire must be worn to Classes. Hair should be off the face and neat shoes should be properly fitted and safe to dance in.
- Students, Parents and Teachers are expected to conduct themselves with respect for each other at all times. A co-
operative environment is essential for learning.
- We believe strongly in our safe training methods and young Students can become conflicted with different philosophies. Any Students taking part in Performances/Classes outside of our School must ask for permission from the Principal.
- If Students or Parents have an issue which they would like to discuss, we are always happy to arrange for a meeting, no matter how big or small the concern may be. However, please try NOT to converse with Teachers during or between Classes. Our Principal is also available via e-
mail and phone for any queries.
- Food and Drinks must be kept in the Dressing Room or waiting areas. No food in the Dance Studio, only water is permitted in the Studios.
- No chewing gum is permitted on the premises for Students, Parents or Teachers.
- Children and siblings MUST be supervised when not in Class, and should never leave the building unsupervised.
- Please help to take care of the facility by watching your Children in the waiting room.
- The School is not responsible for Children who leave the premises.
- We cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to articles left in the Studio or waiting areas.
- Payment for Classes is during term time only. Fees are to be paid at the beginning of each Half Term, by the date stated on your invoice.
- Invoices are sent via email half-
termly. You may wish to add email@example.com to your email address book to avoid correspondence going into your junk box. A £5 late fee will be added to invoices which are not paid by the correct date.
- Payment can be made online via PayPal or BACS and cheques are accepted. Please ask for the appropriate payment details.
- Please write your Child’s name on the back of any cheques.
- A £20.00 fee will be applied on all returned cheques.
- Students have a guaranteed place in the class, therefore no refunds or credits can be given on missed classes.
- Extended non-
payment of fees can result in termination of the Student’s participation and back- tuition will be pursued.
- Each Parent/Guardian (i) acknowledges that dancing is a physical activity and involves certain risks, (ii) assumes the risks of participating in Classes and related activities and (iii) hereby irrevocably releases Curtain Upp Stage School from any and all liability of any type or nature arising out of their Child’s participation in Classes or similar activities, or from following dance instruction from our Teachers.
- Teachers have permission to apply ice packs or plasters if necessary. Parents will be informed.
- Curtain Upp Stage School reserves the right to refuse service.
- By signing the Registration Form the Parent/Guardian of the Student agrees to conform by the above stated policies and enters a legally binding contract with Curtain Upp Stage School (a trading name for Belle and Beqster Enterprises Ltd). Registered Office is 4 Blenheim Court, Suite 2, Peppercorn Close, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE1 2DU. Registered UK Company Number is 08340680 and we are VAT Registered GB 160 3579 15.
- We are taking Coronavirus very seriously and are compliant with the government guidelines and advice offered by the leading dance organisations.
Consent for Use of Images
Occasionally, we may take photographs, or make video recordings, of the pupils at our school, we may use these images on displays around the school, in other printed publications that we produce, as well as on our website. Sometimes, the media (media, radio or television) may visit our school and interview or take photographs, videos or sound recordings of our children. These images may then be published in local or national press. Please note that websites can be seen throughout the world, and not just in the United Kingdom, where UK law applies. By signing the agreement, you release Curtain Upp Stage School from any liability now and in the future as a result from the use of any photo’s / Video / Media coverage.
These terms were first created on September 13, 2015
and last updated on February 2, 2021